Due to limited accommodations, we may have to stop the registration when we reach the limit. Please register here as soon as possible but no later than November 14. For more information or a question, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact: 678-794-1794, 617-308-8420, 678-650-3117, 404-550-8356.
Sikhs are governed by 3 main principles:
1: SABD VICHAR = Contemplate on the virtues of the Creator 2: SACH ACHAR = Truthful Living 3: SEVA = Selfless Service
- Sikhism is the world’s fifth largest religion with 25 million adherents worldwide
- 99 percent of people wearing turbans in the U.S. are Sikhs.
- Sikhs have been in the U.S. for over 100 years and currently there are approximately 1 million Sikhs in the U.S.
- Sikhs are involved in many aspects of American life working as teachers, doctors, law enforcement officers, and entrepreneurs. To name a few: Father of fiber optics, CEO of Master Card, Mayor of Hoboken, NJ; Attorney-General of New Jersey, Defense Minister of Canada. etc.
- Sikhs believe in ONE CREATOR, peace, equality of women, freedom of religion, and community service (thus this event)
- The Sikh turban represents a commitment to peace, equality, justice, and mark of respect to the creator
- Sikhism is a distinct religion – separate from any other